When you create a 'Production' or 'Live Distribution' Live Broadcast, you can stream to YouTube. You can add the connection to YouTube Live Live from the Live Broadcast configuration or from the Mixer or Control Room tools (depending on what Live Broadcast type you are creating).
There are 2 ways to connect with YouTube Live:
Create this connection using the simple integration we have developed with YouTube (new connection to Social Networks) or connect using the RTMP codes associated with the publication point (new output configuration). Here we explain the two possibilities.
If you have the credentials (username and password) of the YouTube page or profile, you can make the connection via API. Using this method you can configure the title and body of the publication. Keep reading to find out how to set up this type of connection.
1. If you’ve never connected to YouTube from Watchity, click the "Continue with YouTube" button. If you have previously created a connection to Watchity, you will find all your profiles in the destinations' dropdown.
2. Log in with your YouTube credentials and grant Watchity all the permissions the YouTube API asks for (publishing, accessing your contacts, editing, etc.). Please note that your channel must be verified to broadcast live video. If it is not authorized, request it from YouTube. This process can take up to 24 hours.
3. Choose the channel where you want to share your broadcast and choose the privacy of the publication.
4. Write the title and body of the publication. If you want, add a thumbnail to show until the broadcast begins.
5. (optional) If you want, you can modify the broadcast parameters to YouTube. Lower the broadcast quality if you want to make sure your audience can see the content well. In the face of a bad Internet connection, it is easier to consume video at a lower quality.
6. Click the "Connect" button to create the connection. When you start broadcasting from the Mixer, it will be posted on Facebook with the information configured.
Use this option if you do not have the credentials (username and password) of the destination YouTube page or profile. Keep in mind that with this type of connection you will not perform an automatic broadcast. You must enter the RTMP codes in Watchity, start the broadcast from the Mixer or the Control Room and, finally, validate the received content. Read below to see the whole process.
1. On the destination channel on YouTube, access the Creator Studio and create a new live broadcast.
2. Get the RTMP code and transmission key associated with your YouTube channel. You will find them at the bottom of the "Basic Information" section of the new live broadcast. These codes are unique to each YouTube channel.
3. In your Watchity live broadcast settings, add an output "Enter an RTMP of a publishing point". Paste there the RTMP code and the transmission key obtained in your publication point on Youtube.
4. Once you start broadcasting in Watchity, you will receive the content (as a preview) on your YouTube publication point.
💡 Can I edit a live YouTube post?
When API connections are made, upon launch, the post will be automatically generated with the information you provided in Watchity when creating the connection.
How can I edit this automatic publication?
- Access "YouTube Studio" > "Videos" > "Live".
- Locate the publication and click on "Edit publication".
- Modify the title or body of the publication and save the changes. All done!
🚨 Account validation to broadcast live
Keep in mind that your YouTube channel must be verified to broadcast live. Request this verification from YouTube well in advance, as the process can take up to 24 hours.