When you create a 'Production' or 'Live Distribution' Live Broadcast, you can stream to Twitter (Periscope Live). You can add the connection to Periscope Live from the Live Broadcast configuration or from the Mixer or Control Room tools (depending on what Live Broadcast type you are creating).
There are 2 ways to connect with Periscope Live:
Create this connection using the simple integration we have developed with Periscope (new connection to Social Networks) or connect using the RTMP codes associated with the publication point (new output configuration). Here we explain the two possibilities.
If you have the credentials (username and password) of the Twitter (Periscope) profile, you can make the connection via API. Using this method you can configure the title and body of the publication. Keep reading to find out how to set up this type of connection.
1. If you’ve never connected with Twitter (Periscope Live) from Watchity, click the "Continue with Twitter (Periscope Live) button". If you have previously created a connection to Watchity, you will find all your profiles in the destinations' dropdown.
2. Log in with your Twitter credentials (Periscope Live) and grant Watchity all the permissions that the Twitter API (Periscope Live) asks of you (publishing, accessing your contacts, editing, etc.).
3. Choose whether you want to share your broadcast in your timeline or on one of the pages you manage and choose the privacy of the publication.
4. Write the title and body of the publication.
5. (optional) If you want, you can modify the broadcast parameters to Twitter (Periscope Live). Lower the broadcast quality if you want to make sure your audience can see the content well. In the face of a bad Internet connection, it is easier to consume video at a lower quality.
6. Click the "Connect" button to create the connection. When you start broadcasting from the Mixer, it will be posted on Twitter with the information configured.
Use this option if you do not have the credentials (username and password) of the destination Facebook page or profile. Keep in mind that with this type of connection you will not perform an automatic broadcast. You must enter the RTMP codes in Watchity, start the broadcast from the Mixer or the Control Room and, finally, validate the received content. Read below to see the whole process.
1. Log in to Periscope. You can access with your Twitter username and password. Periscope is the transmission system of Twitter, so everything you do from Periscope will be replicated on your Twitter page.
2. Click on your profile image and, in the drop-down menu, select the 'Producer' option.
3. Create a new publication source ('Create new source' - 'Normal source'). Get the RTMP code and the transmission key associated with this new publication source in your Periscope profile (Twitter). These codes are unique for each new source.
4. In your Watchity live broadcast settings, add an output "Enter an RTMP of a publishing point". Paste there the RTMP code and the transmission key obtained in your publication point on Periscope.
5. Once you start broadcasting in Watchity, you will receive the content (as a preview) on your Periscope publication point. When you're satisfied with your setup and video preview, click over Go Live.