Cisco Webex is a video conferencing service that allows you to create conversations between different speakers, change and configure the screen layout or choose the broadcast quality of these talks.
In addition, Webex has the capacity to send these video to your Live Broadcast in Watchity (Production or Live Broadcast type), as a video contribution (using the RTMP protocol).
You'll be able to capture your video conference in Webex as a video stream to use in Watchity.
Start capturing the meeting or event and receive them on Watchity:
- Log in to Webex.
- Start your meeting or event, go to More options , and click "Start live streaming". Live streaming isn't available during an event practice session.
- Select Other streaming services.
- In the configuration of your Event in Watchity, create a new broadcast contribution and copy the RTMP code and the transmission key. These codes will allow you to link Webex with Watchity.
- Back to Webex, complete RTMP streaming service setup:
- For streaming service, enter: Watchity
- On target stream link, paste the RTMP obtained in Watchity (step 4).
- On target stream key, paste the transmission key obtained in Watchity (step 4).
- Webex is already configured. Once you click on the "Start streaming" button you will start receiving your content in the Watchity live management tool ('Virtual Studio' or 'Streaming Manager').
🚨 Who can stream Webex Meetings or Events?
To be able to stream a live meeting or event, a Cisco Webex user needs to accomplish:
Meetings/Events "Live Streaming" option enabled. Check set up information here.
- Webex Meetings Starter, Plus, Bussiness or Enterprise pricing plan, or, Webex Events WBS 40.2 version.