Contribute with PTZ cameras (through RTMP) in your Live Broadcasts Production or Live Distribution type. Learn how to connect your camera to the network, how to obtain the RTMP codes from your Live Broadcast in Watchity and where you should enter them in your camera.
(Example for a JVC KY-PZ100W)
- Connect the camera to the network. Your camera should have an Ethernet cable adapter, a 4G portable modem or a WiFi antenna to connect to the Internet. If you are connecting via 4G modem or WiFi antenna.
Use the remote control to access and navigate the menu. As it is a PZT camera that does not have a screen display, you must connect the camera to a television, monitor or another device that allows viewing the navigation through the camera menus.
*Please note that most cameras can not connect to Wi-Fi networks that require entering a username and password on access portals (or captive pages) since they do not have the possibility to open tabs in Internet browsers.
- Once connected to the network, press and hold the 'Menu' button on the remote control. Once inside, press the button again (one click) to display the status of the camera and know its IP address. The address you must obtain is of type: 220.127.116.11.
In the Internet browser of your computer (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc), enter the IP address obtained in 'Status' of the camera.
*Please note that in order to view the camera on your computer, both devices must be connected to the same network. Otherwise, you will not be able to see the camera.
- From the browser of your computer, remotely access the menus of the camera by entering the default username and password for your model. In some models, this step is not necessary.
- If you use a JVC KY-PZ100W:
Pass: 0000 (four zeros)
- If you use a JVC KY-PZ100W:
- From the browser of your computer, go to 'Settings'> 'Live Streaming'. In this section is where you will enter the RTMP codes that will allow you to send your live broadcast to the Live Broadcast in Watchity.
- In your Watchity Live Broadcast (type Production or Live Distribution), create a contribution broadcast type and copy the RTMP code and the flow key that are generated.
Go back to the browser tab from where you control your camera and paste the RTMP codes obtained in the Live Broadcast configuration in Watchity.
*Make sure you have pasted the codes properly, without spaces or strange characters. A badly pasted code, or with a strange character, will prevent the correct emission towards Watchity.
- To finish, adjust the Live Streaming parameters (resolution, frame rate and bit rate) to guarantee an optimal transmission to your Live Broadcast in Watchity.
*Make sure that the parameters match those described in this document.
- Resolution: 1280x720
- Frame Rate: 25p
- Bit rate: 1.5 M
- The camera is set! Start broadcasting and you will see the contribution appear in the control tool of your Live Broadcast.