When you create and Event, you can stream to LinkedIn Live. You can add the connection to LinkedIn Live from the Event Set up.
If you have the credentials (username and password) of the LinkedIn Live page or profile, you can make the connection via API. Using this method you can configure the title and body of the publication.
1. If you’ve never connected to LinkedIn from Watchity, click the "Continue with LinkedIn" button. If you have previously created a connection to Watchity, you will find all your profiles in the destinations' dropdown.
2. Log in with your LinkedIn Live credentials and grant Watchity all the permissions the LinkedIn Live API asks for (publishing, accessing your contacts, editing, etc.). Please note that your channel must be verified to broadcast live video. If it is not authorized, request it from LinkedIn Live. This process can take up to 24 hours.
3. Choose the channel where you want to share your broadcast and choose the privacy of the publication.
4. Write the title and body of the publication. If you want, add a thumbnail to show until the broadcast begins.
5. (optional) If you want, you can modify the broadcast parameters to LinkedIn Live. Lower the broadcast quality if you want to make sure your audience can see the content well. In the face of a bad Internet connection, it is easier to consume video at a lower quality.
6. Click the "Connect" button to create the connection. When you start broadcasting from the Studio, it will be posted on LinkedIn Live with the information configured.
🚨 Who can create live events on LinkedIn Live?
To be able to create a live event, a LinkedIn Live user needs to accomplish:
All interested members and organizations should apply for access at this link. If your organization has a LinkedIn Marketing Solutions account representative, you may go through that person for access as well.
Note: Not all admins have access to stream on behalf of a Page that has been approved for LinkedIn Live. In your application, please indicate at least 1 admin who will be in charge of streaming on behalf of your Page.